After realising that I just purchased three books in the last week I decided it's time to publicly shame myself with a list of the books I have that I haven't read or haven't finished reading. So here we go, in no significant order;

Datavisualisering i samfunnet

Datavisualisering i samfunnet (data visualisation in society) was a free, half-day conference, arranged to conclude INDVIL, a 3.5 year research project administered by the University of Agder on trends and consequences of increased usage of data visualisation for communication (my paraphrasing).

Full Stack Europe 2019

A little later than I would have liked but I've finally found the time to summarise my experience at Full Stack Europe.

CukenFest 2019

I'm just back home from an inspirational couple of days at CukenFest, time for a quick summary while things are still fresh in my head.

Office Christmas Tree: Modelling in xLights

Time to catch up on my blogging plans for this project before moving on to the next one. The next step in the process was to create a model of my Christmas tree in xLights so that xLights knows how it looks, then create some simple sequences to be run when the status of builds in Jenkins changes.

Oslo Elm Day

Last weekend I attended Oslo Elm Day. Oslo Elm Day is an two track conference of talks regarding the Elm language with 174 attendees. Personally I'm quite excited about the promise of writing applications that can't crash at runtime and want to learn more.

Mirroring to a Projector From Linux

While I'm reasonably comfortable running Linux on the desktop these days, connecting to a projector has always been a challenge, until yesterday when I finally found the right link on the internet to explain what I needed.

DirectAccess VPN From Linux VMware Guest

I'm currently on my second office where the preferred computer setup for developers is to run Linux in a VM on a beefy laptop. From Windows the DirectAccess VPN works out of the box, but giving Linux in a VM the same access has proved to be non-trivial. What follows is a step by step configuration that worked for me.

Office Christmas Tree: 3D Modelling

Once the lights were working I then needed some structure to put them in. The Christmas lighting community use many different materials, with corrugated plastic being a popular choice, but we have a 3D printer at the office so I decided to see what I could do with that.

Office Christmas Tree: Connectivity Test

Once my order from Ray Wu arrived I was able to continue progress on my office Christmas tree project. Time to connect things and see if I can make some light.